Steam App Development
Over the years, I’ve had the chance to work on various apps targeted for Steam. Below are some notable projects.
My most successful product – a utility application that overlays media (window, screen, or camera) to SteamVR.
• Achieved over 70,000 sales and $800,000 gross revenue
• Collaborated closely with leads at Valve to integrate seamlessly with SteamVR
• Provided ongoing support and maintenance post-launch
• Worked with Unity/C#, C++, and various win32 APIs
My current hobby/learning project – a cross-platform networked pet management game.
• Developed cross-platform support for Windows, Mac, Linux, Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, iOS, and Android
• Gained experience with AWS (Lambda, DynamoDB, EC2, identity provider, and S3)
• Worked with a fully custom URP render pipeline, including shader graph and HLSL
A co-op survival game hobby project into which I’ve invested hundreds of hours.
• Wrote server architecture and deployment, including server networks (Lobby, Game, and Master servers)
• Implemented various mechanics including authentication, websocket wrappers, idempotency,
pathfinding, runtime dependency injection, and public/private key certificate authority
• Worked with Unity, C#, DarkRift Networking, Docker, Batch, and Linux, among many other frameworks
Asides from my own projects, I’ve done many dozens of paid projects to bring others’ products to life.
• Independently created many desktop and fullstack web applications
• Used C, C++, C#, Java, Ruby, Perl, Python, and more
• Worked with clients to understand and deploy various deliverables
• Touched on networking, mobile development, Steam development, virtualization/containerization (Docker & Kubernetes)